Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes

Friday, May 23, 2008

Look!!! Up on the Couch!


It's a cat!?! It's a Parrot?!?... No, It's Red! A strange Dachshund from Arizona! Able to leap waist high and grab a burrito out of your hand in one bound! Able to balance on your shoulder while you are trying to drive! Able to climb to heights earlier avoided by canines! Who is this strange visitor from another state? What gives him these interesting powers? Who elected him my BOSS???

Red is Patti's baby, and quite a handful. He has become Ari's protégé in the art of begging with eyes, and is quite good at it. I can't eat a morsel without him giving me those "where is my share" looks. He sleeps on my side of the bed, and becomes annoyed when I dare make a move. He will give a loud sigh, jump off the bed, and then come back to the top to get under the blanket. 10 times a night! He is a pain in the butt, but he is the most spoiled, most protected, and most loved dog I have ever seen in my life. Anyway here he is standing guard.

He has high opinions of himself and thinks he is something like King Kong. He took off after a mastiff one day with a "I'm gonna kill me a mastiff" look in his eyes. Chasing a dog 15 times his weight. I of course took off after him trying to avoid seeing him become a BRATwurst lunch for a horse sized pooch. I actually stepped in between them! He has no fear! However he is very adept at exposing my fears especially when I have to insert myself into potentially dangerous situations like mastiffs and teen drivers. Who knows he might have kicked that other dogs butt, and I'm sure my being there for backup helped spur him on up San Juan Hill.

1 comment:

Danneel said...

That is one of the funniest post I have ever "red"! To bad its all so true. It will be interesting to see how he gets along with Maggie. The count down to vacation has begun!