Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes

Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Voodoo....


Last night on my way back from my college class in Silver City, I was passing the Tyrone townsite and didn't see a black dog in the middle of the highway. I hit him dead center at about 65 mph, and killed him instantly. That was a little bit after 9pm, and I didn't get home till after midnight. I don't know why, but I have a soft spot in my heart for dogs so it affected me greatly. I hate, hate, HATE to do what I did accidentally.


I also had a soft spot in my heart for my moms car. I have had BAD luck with cars this summer. From the blown head gasket on our Acclaim, to believing I blew a head gasket on the Concorde then finding out it was only a $600 fan fix. To this, where I find out after going back to help the dog that there is a great amount of steam rising from under my hood. Or rather my mom's hood, dang that reality makes it sting even worse. It stings even more than it did when I had to tell them that I had an accident with their car when I was a teenager. We had the car towed to my uncle's station in Silver City. That was a lot cheaper than I thought it would be... only $86. Anyway, if I ask to borrow your car... RUN! Don't walk... RUN AWAY FROM ME!!! Someone has put a curse on me.


Does anyone know a good voodoo priestess???

1 comment:

Danneel said...

I know you feel terrible about the dog but the most important thing is that you are okay!